Ceramic tiles while having the appearance of astonishing and appealing in look are also highly functional and extremely strong as compared to other materials for flooring design. The ceramic tiles are much affordable and look gorgeous in design. Therefore, to suit the basic requirements of the customer the modern ceramic tiles are available in different and awesome ceramic tiles designs, patterns, textures, and ranges of hues. There is a huge variety from bedroom tiles to bathroom and kitchen, and from corridors to the living room, outdoor walls, and swimming pool tiles.
Ceramic tiles are the widely and most used cherished material for the interior decoration of the house or any place due to their low ceramic tiles price, aesthetic look, and high durability. However, the two most popular sizes available in the material of the ceramic tiles are 600mm*600 mm and 300mm*300mm. Therefore, whether it is a residential or commercial place, these sizes are considered as the ideal size that fits into all kinds of places.
Ceramic tiles are the flooring material that works in any room of the house or any space such as workshop, offices, schools, colleges, apartments, etc. the ceramic tile's design is most often used in bathroom and kitchen as well as the ceramic tiles for walls in mudrooms, foyers, and other high traffic areas. Moreover, in warm climates, many homes use ceramic tiles to have a great effect on the rooms such as bedrooms or living areas. The ceramic tile comes in a huge variety of shapes, sizes, and colors that can complement many designs. However, ceramic tiles may be used in many ways. But, we generally recommend ceramic tiles for walls as they are less durable than porcelain tiles.
Characteristics of Ceramic Tiles
Ceramic tiles are mostly preferred by the homeowner and interior designer due to the high-level characteristics offered by them that are listed below.
- The ceramic tiles are easy to install.
- Ceramic tiles are hygienic to nature and provide a clean and hygienic environment.
- It also has the feature of the longevity of colors.
- It is water and dirt-resistant.
- Ceramic tiles are also economic and pocket-friendly.
- It also has a stain resistance characteristic.
- There is a huge variety of texture, patterns, and color in the ceramic tiles.
- It has long-lasting durability as well.
Structure of Ceramic Tiles
Here a question arises, what are the ceramic tiles made up of? Hence, the ceramic tiles are made up of a mixture of sand, water, and natural clay. After mixing these three materials well, they are put on fire at a very high temperature to produce durable and hard ceramic tiles and also to remove most of the moisture from the ceramic tiles mixture. However, ceramic tiles are mostly used in rectangular or square shapes and are available in different colors and sizes. The ceramic tiles are thus a durable option and an easy task to install at any place. Rather than this, the ceramic tiles are available in the glazed or unglazed finish as per the choice and requirement of the individual who opts for it.
However, the glossy tiles are a little bit slippery and due to this reason, they are mostly used as ceramic tiles for walls. Despite this, the anti-skid ceramic tiles that are slip-resistant and the matte finish ceramic tiles generally used for flooring are available easily in the market with the huge variety of texture, color, pattern, and ceramic tiles design with different ranges for the ceramic tiles price.
Ceramic tiles have a solid and hard surface that does not hold or attracts dust, dirt, pollen, or other allergens. Moreover, the ceramic tiles stand out against the surface, making it easy to wipe the dust away with a sponge or a mop. They may also help in keeping the air- free from irritating materials that can be harmful to allergic sufferers or asthma patients.
Ceramic tiles are available in different shapes and sizes ranging from 1”x12” trim to larger 12”x14” that can be convenient for covering large areas. In some ceramic tiles for walls and floors combination, there are some widely used ceramic tiles designs such as ceramic decorative tiles and ceramic field tiles. However, the features of the decorative tiles are in a different pattern or additional decorative element whereas the field tiles look similar to the floor tiles.
Our company also offers elongated subway tiles that look like handmade ceramic tiles and is usually known as the "Chelsea Ceramic Subway Tiles” collection that features field tiles, chair rail, or pencil. However, the trim piece in this collection makes it ideal for large areas. It seems in many houses and places that full or partial wall is covered by the ceramic tiles for walls and these partially ceramic tiles for walls end up with the chair rail and the rest of the wall is covered by the wallpaper or painted. A person can use these elongated subway tiles as a backsplash or can simply use the pencil to break up the pattern at the halfway point whereas some use textures and dimensions to give a different look. Hence, the Chelsea elongated ceramic subway tiles are the best way to add a beautiful look with classic rectangular brick styles for backsplashes.
Types of Ceramic Tiles design
There are different styles ranges of the ceramic tiles designs. Some offer textural elements or 3-dimensional ceramic tiles designs that add special effects to the room. These ceramic tile designs are mostly used in ceramic tiles for walls, backsplashes, shower walls, kitchen walls, etc. however, there are so many ceramic tile designs that can be used at home.
There are numerous ways used by ceramic tiles producers to make the material by the modern manufacturing techniques to make the printed or embossed ceramic tiles. Whereas, the ceramic tile's design of the solid tiles can be mixed and matched in a different pattern or accented with the custom design. However, the ceramic tiles designs are printed to reproduce the different looks of many natural stones and hardwoods. At last, the ceramic tiles can be cut into different shapes and sizes such as rectangles, triangles, and planks to meet the requirements of the customers.
Though, the ceramic tiles for walls and floor are quite appropriate for any style of home or any other space. Moreover, it also maintains the standard feature of any southwest-style or Mediterranean home.
- Freshno ceramic tiles: One of the most widely used ceramic tiles series is the 12”x14" ceramic tiles for walls. The tiles in this series are often used as contemporary, chic, and fun. For instance, the feature of the "freshno collection" has such variegated stripes that give some visual interest although the blue freshno ceramic tiles are being used as the bathroom wall tiles or the shower wall tiles. Similarly, the Pearl freshno ceramic tiles serve as simple and understated kitchen backsplash tiles.
- Twilight ceramic tiles: The other different ceramic tiles design is “Twilight" which is part of the 12”x14” ceramic tiles for walls series. This is one of the wonderful marble look tiles that infuse the air of sophistication and timelessness into any space. However, considering the twilight ceramic tiles as a kitchen backsplash in a modern glam kitchen would look amazing. Moreover, the larger format and the rectified edges allow for a seamless look after installation that just screams elegance.
- Chroma series: On the other side the "Chroma series" in our 12"x14" ceramic tiles collection is a show-stopping stone look ceramic tiles for walls. The organic movement in each tile creates a sense of awe as it brings an element of nature to the ceramic tile's design. The chroma white is a stunning addition to a kitchen backsplash with its natural waviness and organic look to the veining.
- Malibu ceramic tiles: The 3-D ceramic tiles design texture is the best example of “Malibu” ceramic tiles for walls. Although, the simple and interesting design texture is the best way to create a focal point without overpowering the room. Therefore, using Malibu ceramic tiles for walls is highly recommended using in conjunction with another simple white tile to create better contrast and allow the texture to shine through.
- Beveled ceramic subway tiles: Another classic ceramic tiles design is the subway tiles that are essentially a commodity and can be used in endless ways. Hence, it is one of the best variations of the timeless tiles that is our 3”x6” beveled ceramic subway tiles. This may add a little more dimension to the normally flat subway tiles while having a similar enough to provide the same classic dimensional look with a twist. These tiles are generally used in modern farmhouse bathrooms and installed from floor to ceiling with black grouts. The contrast looks amazing and the reminder that the subway tiles can be still used in fun and exciting ways. Moreover, these beveled ceramic subway tiles will look amazing as kitchen ceramic or backsplash tiles also.
- Mosaic ceramic tiles: At last, the ceramic mosaic tiles are also highly recommended to be used in kitchen and bathroom ceramic tiles design. The ceramic tiles can be the easiest way to draw attention in a specific area and a convenient way to install the backsplash. However, one of the ceramic mosaic tiles is part of our company's Houston Although, the ceramic mosaic tiles in our Houston line are considered useful and look great on the bathroom and shower walls. By using Houston porcelain tiles, on the floor and then applying the Houston ceramic mosaic tiles as the backsplash look cohesive without being too much of the same tiles.
Installation of the Ceramic Tiles
The ceramic tiles are somewhat tricky and labor-intensive work to install. However, the Amateurs can do in certain situations but ceramic tiles are not that DIY friendly as vinyl or laminations. Therefore, the installation of the floor tiles first starts with the labor with a layer of cement board over the floor adding all the certain things such as labor, cost, time into the ceramic tiles installation project. After that using cementitious thin-set adhesive then the tiles are glued down to the backer board and with filling the tiles between grouts and tiles the installation of the ceramic tiles concludes to be done.
However in some cases, if the homeowner wants to install their tiles then he should be careful to choose the products that are relative of good quality and are easy to install. In such cases, a person should avoid the tricky tiles that are usually left by professionals. They may be polished stone tiles, rectified tiles, Saltillo or natural clay tiles, etc.
Hence, some ceramic tiles for walls and floors can be quite heavy in the structure that is required for the strong floor framing to prevent the cracking of the floor and walls. Thus, it means that the tiles may not be appropriate for the floors with inadequate floor structure or the upper-story installation of the ceramic tiles.
Maintenance or Repair of Ceramic Tiles
The ceramic tiles are easy to care for especially in the case of glazed tiles with having the hard and protective top layer making the ceramic tiles impervious to most of the stains and water. That is the main reason for preferring the tiles for the wet areas such as bathrooms, laundry rooms, kitchen, verandah, etc. the stains, dirt and liquid dust rest on the surface of the ceramic tiles allows the person to wipe or mob away easily without performing any difficult tasks.
On the other side, routine maintenance consists of little more effort to make more than vacuuming or sweeping with attaching the soft brush to keep the floor and walls of the ceramic tiles free and clean from loose debris and dirt. If in case, the ceramic tiles for walls and floor are occurred from set-in stain then without worrying about the damage of the walls or floor a person can thus use any heavy-duty cleaner to make the ceramic tiles clean.
However, the process of repairing and replacing the ceramic tiles is most often used in case of damaging the tiles. The ceramic tiles for walls and floors are very resistant to physical damages but the cracking of the ceramic tiles can result in the problem in the tiles underlayment or the improper installation of the tiles. Therefore, it is recommended that better quality in the installation has been chosen if the floor is well-maintained that may last for a hundred years. If in case, due to severe impact only a single tile does crack then the process of replacing that tile will be simple to apply.
Ceramic Tiles for Walls and Floor
The extremely hard ceramic tiles are easy to maintain and clean and unfortunately, the hard ceramic tiles in the resilient floor using padded underlayment cannot be softened. It simply means that these materials of the ceramic tiles for walls and floors may not be suited to the environment in which the people are forced to stand for a longer period. In addition, the hardness can also be liable in the kitchen. Also, you get all this at a very affordable price as the ceramic tiles are very pocket-friendly.
On other hand, some ceramic tiles for walls and floors also hold the heat fairly well. Whereas, all the other tiles get cold in the cold climate. However, the best way to counteract the cold tile is with the in-floor heat or the radiant heating under or in the subfloor or either use electric mats under the tile.
Advantages of Ceramic Tiles
If you choose Ceramic tiles over any other type of tiles for your home decor, you will have various advantages and these advantages, for example; the ceramic tiles price is very affordable, different varieties, etc., are given below:
- Ceramic tiles are water-resistant which means they are suitable for areas with humid surroundings just like bathrooms.
- Ceramic tiles are generally more durable than any other type of tiles, which makes them the most preferred choice of the customers.
- Ceramic tiles price is not as high which your pocket can not allow, they are within budget if you want to invest in long-term decor for your house. Ceramic tiles price depends on the particular store that you are visiting to buy the tiles but overall the ceramic tiles price will not exceed your expectations.
- Ceramic tiles provide a very high maintenance look, but they can be very easily maintained and not even consume a lot of time for cleaning.
- Customers looking for buying ceramic tiles will not have to think about the allergic concern for them or any member of the family as ceramic tiles have a hard surface and because of that hard surface, these tiles do not attract dirt, dust, animal hairs, or pollen. This helps in keeping the surroundings free from any kind of allergic particles.
- Ceramic tiles are stain-resistant, which is a very common topic of concern for customers whenever they think of buying tiles for their house. So while buying ceramic tiles customers do not have to be worried about the cleaning of the stains over tiles.
- Ceramic tiles do not only come for the floor only, as we have mentioned above also that there are tiles for walls too.
- You will find several patterns, designs, sizes, etc. in ceramic tiles as per your preferences and choices. But there is no compromise with the quality when it comes to variations, whether the tile is simple or fancy, you will find the same quality for both types of tiles.
Disadvantages of Ceramic Tiles
There are few disadvantages for the ceramic tiles, and these are given below:
- Because of being heavyweight, the ceramic tiles can be installed in the second or the third story which becomes one of the disadvantages.
- The hard surface of these tiles becomes the second disadvantage of these tiles, as some people do not find a hard surface convenient to stand for a long time.
- Another disadvantage is that these tiles are cold because of the use of ceramic in manufacturing which is a cold substance, these tiles are unable to hold on heat during winters, which makes it difficult to walk on the floor during that time.
Ceramic Tiles - FAQs
Q1. Are Ceramic tiles heavyweight as compared to any other tiles?
Ans. Yes, the ceramic tiles are comparatively heavy because of the material used to prepare them and their long durability.
Q2. Can we install ceramic tiles in our kitchen and walls?
Ans. Ceramic tiles are very much appropriate for the kitchen as they are water-resistant and can be installed in areas with moisture and humidity. And there is a separate type of tile for walls, so you can choose the design as per your choice and can install them without any doubt.
Q3. How long is the life of these ceramic tiles?
Ans. Ceramic tiles are very durable, which is one of their advantages, so you do not have to worry about the life of the tiles before installing them. Ceramic tiles are also very budget-friendly compared to their very long life.
Q4. Is Ceramic tiles price pocket-friendly or are they very expensive?
Ans. The Ceramic tile price is very affordable. If you are looking for tiles that can instantly change the look of your house and also can be budget-friendly, you should go to your nearest tile store and check Ceramic tiles price as they are very affordable.
Order Sample for $11.63
Order Sample for $11.63
Order Sample for $11.63
Order Sample for $11.63
Order Sample for $11.63
Order Sample for $11.63
Order Sample for $11.63