At The Tile Life, there's a reason we collect data from our customers. We want to ensure you have the best experience possible, every time you shop with us.
So what data are we talking about? Usually this includes your name, delivery address or contact details. These details help us complete a transaction with you, make our advertising more relevant and tailor your shopping experience. In some cases, we may also share the information with our transport and supply chain partners.
What we won't do with your data is use it to fill your inbox with irrelevant or unwanted spam or sell your data to anyone else. That's a promise.
Keeping your personal information safe and secure is our priority.
Collection of information
1. Personal information is information that identifies you or from which you may reasonably be identified. The types of personal information that The Tile Life may collect about you includes:
• name, gender, date of birth and age;
• contact details, including personal and business addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers;
• financial information, including bank and cheque account details and credit card details, and information about your credit history;
• if you apply for employment with us, details regarding your employment history, educational qualifications and similar information.
2. The main ways we collect personal information from you are:
• if you purchase or order any product from us;
• if you contact The Tile Life, including to make an inquiry regarding our products and services, to make a complaint, to provide feedback, to seek a refund, or to attend an event;
• if you are a supplier or service provider, in connection with the supply of products and services by your business to The Tile Life;
• if you interact with The Tile Life via social networking services;
• if you subscribe to any of our mailing lists or newsletters
• if you participate in any contest or referral program that we conduct;
• if you submit an employment application to us.
Use and disclosure of personal information
3. We use and disclose your personal information in connection with carrying on our business, including to provide products and services to you.
4. The Tile Life may use your personal information:
• to charge you for products and services we provide to you and to prepare invoices and sales records for such purchases;
• to provide advice regarding our products and services to you (or arrange for others to do so at our request);
• to deliver our products and services to you;
• to consider feedback and complaints that you may make to us;
• to provide refunds and exchanges;
• to promote and advertise our products and services (including by including your feedback in our advertising) and to undertake competitions and events;
• to personalise advertising and content displayed to you (including advertisements served to you on or via third party websites or platforms such as Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest);
• to undertake product recalls;
• to monitor our sales of products and services and for quality control purposes, including undertaking customer surveys and analysis, or seeking feedback from customers;
• to undertake data processing, data analysis, market research or trend analysis;
• in the case of our suppliers or service providers, to manage the provision of products and services to us;
• to monitor customer traffic in our stores and identify high traffic areas
• to monitor and measure the use of our websites or mobile applications, including web-based referral channels, data entered and user activity such as links clicked;
• to assist us to develop and deliver new products and services;
Marketing, advertising and customer insights
5. As part of The Tile Life’s functions and business activities and to promote the services we can provide to you, The Tile Life may use and disclose to third parties personal information that you have provided to us for the purposes of advertising (including online behavioural advertising) and direct marketing. We may engage third parties to assist us in ensuring that the marketing and advertising we provide is of interest to you. Direct marketing includes The Tile Life or third parties:
•Sending to you and/or contacting you directly in relation to promotions and information about The Tile Life’ products and services; and
•Providing targeted advertising content to you (including through third party websites).
Generally, we will provide direct marketing to you where you have requested or consented to receiving such information. You can opt out of receiving direct marketing communications from The Tile Life by using the opt out link or details provided in the direct marketing communication or in the case of online advertising, by managing your preferences in digital platforms such as Google or Facebook.
7. We may collect, use or disclose information about you in order to combine the information that we hold about you with information about you collected from or held by other trusted partners or from public sources. We may do this to enable us to derive insights about you. This includes being able to better understand your preferences and interests, personalise your experience, enhance the products and services you receive, and to tell you about products and services that may be of interest to you. We may also use trusted service providers to undertake the process of creating these consumer insights.
Security and storage
8. The Tile Life will take reasonable steps to protect the security of your personal information that we hold. We have security measures in place to attempt to reasonably protect personal information under our control from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
9. No data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be secure. As a result, The Tile Life cannot ensure or warrant the security of any personal information transmitted by you to The Tile Life over the internet.
10. The Tile Life may require you to verify your identity at the time you request access to, or correction of, your personal information so that we can ensure your personal information is disclosed only to you.
11. The Tile Life will respond to any requests for access or correction within a reasonable time, but in any event by no later than 30 days after the date you make the request.